• I want to bring my car back from the United Kingdom. Can Sakura Forwarding handle this?

Yes, we can. Our services range to all countries from Japan, United Kingdom, New Zealand, America, Australia or any countries.

  • Should I note down my car engine number?

Yes, if you’re bringing your car from Japan, USA and Canada. You must physically look for the engine number located on the engine. Please contact your car dealer if you are not sure where the number is located. Problems will occur during the registration process if the engine number is not as same as the number in the customs form and the Puspakom report (the engine number will be checked there).

  • What is Bill of Lading (BL)?

The Bill of Lading (BL) is a document that is provided by the shipping company that states that your personal affects (including your vehicle) is accepted as cargo and is on the way to its destination by ship. The Bill of Lading will have a complete list of all the items and its quantity that is being shipped. Claims can not be made for lost items during shipment which are not in the Bill of Lading.

  • What is the address for consignee in Malaysia which I should state in the Bill of Lading (BL)?

You can state the address as your home address in Malaysia.

  • I am sending my personal affects and my car by ship to Malaysia. What should I state in Bill of Lading (BL)?

You should state you car details like model, year, engine capacity, chassis no. and engine no. You should also state how many packages for your personal affects

  • I will be sharing my cargo container and 2 cars with different owner will be shipped inside it. How many BLs must I make?

2 BLs for 2 cars if the cars have different owner and you can insert the personal affects details either 1 of the 2 BLs.

  • Is an AP only for Bumiputera Malaysians?

No. All Malaysian citizens studying (minimum diploma studies) or working more than 1 year in countries other than Singapore or Brunei is eligible to apply for an AP.

  • What is the conditions that need to be fulfilled to qualify for an AP?
  • Residing overseas legally for a period of not less than one (1) year.
  • Vehicle must be registered under the applicant's name for a period of not less than nine (9) months (from the date of vehicle registration to the date of return to Malaysia).
  • Vehicle must be insured under the applicant's name for a period of not less than nine (9) months (from the date of car insured to the date of return to Malaysia).
  • Applicant must have a valid driving license.
  • Returned to Malaysia permanently.
  • Apply within 3 months from the date of return to Malaysia.
  • Can I send car parts together with my personal effects?

Please don't send car parts including helmet, sport rim and tyre because you need to pay tax. 

  • Do I need to be at the port when my personal effects are being unloaded from the cargo container?

You don’t have to be at the port if you are using our lorry.

  • How many days must I go to the port?

You don’t have to go to the port because we will handle everything.

  • Do I need to go to JPJ for the car registration process?

No need. We will handle the process.

  • In total, how much do I have to pay?
  1. Service Charge
  2. Shipping Line Charges (Third Party Charge)
    These are the Shipping Line's charge for craning the container off the vessel and releasing it against your Original Bill of Lading. This is not our charge but we can settle it on your behalf whilst presenting your bill of lading and then pass it on to you at cost. The Shipping Line will usually demand payment before release of the container. The charges are variable according to the size of the container and the country of origin. We anticipate a charge of between RM500 (20ft) and RM800 (40ft) for terminal handling, RM140 Shipping Line release documentation charges, plus RM30 for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). For ro-ro there are no terminal handling charge.
  3. SSR
    An additional charge RM750 will be imposed for a Special Service Request (SSR) and Unloading Container, which is for craning the loaded container from yard, unload the container and lastly return the empty container to the Shipping Line using haulier.The price would be similar for either a 20ft or a 40ft container. This is only for FCL(Full Container Load) type container. For LCL (Less than Container Load) will be no
    additional charge because Shipping Line will do the job mentioned above.
    For simple explaination, in your Bill of Lading if it mention FCL or CY/CY you have to pay RM750. If it mention LCL or CY/CFS, you don’t have to pay RM750. And for ro-ro you also don’t have to pay RM750.
  4. Storage Charges (Third Party Charge)
    You have to pay these fees to get your car released at the port of arrival. These are the storage for the car at the port of arrival starting from day 1 the car been unloaded from the container. The charge is RM8 perday.
  5. Puspakom (Third Party Charge)
    You have to pay RM26.50 (compact/saloon/SUV/MPV type) or RM53 (windows van type) for car inspection at PUSPAKOM.
  6. JPJ (Third Party Charge)
    For imported car to get a car registration card, RM220 (below 1500cc) or RM370 (above 1501cc) will be charge at JPJ.
    For road tax, you can see the details here.
  7. Car Insurance (Third Party Charge)
    Car Insurance depends on the engine size and car value. 
  8. Demurrage and Detention Charges (Third Party Charge)
    FCL container must be unloaded and return the empty container to Shipping Line within 5 days the container arrived at port of arrival. If not, there will be Demurrage and Detention Charges you have to pay. The charges depends on the Shipping Line. As reference, you can check OOCL charges here and Kline charges here. You are advise to give us all the documents including Bill of Lading before the vessel arrive at port of arrival to avoid any delays on unloading the container.
    There will be no Demurrage and Detention Charges for LCL container or
  9. Transportation and Delivery
    Charges depend on size and destination
©2024 sakuraforwarding.com. All Rights Reserved.